Healthcare Stigma Facing Transgender Individuals is now available as a free, online module as part of the National Coalition for LGBT Health’s LGBT Health Training and Certificate ProgramTM. This module covers the impact of stigma on transgender individuals in healthcare settings. The module also will equip attendees to effectively engage transgender individuals who seek care. Upon successful completion of the module, participants will receive a certificate for 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Participants can take the module at their convenience.
Topics and faculty:
- Data collection, access to care, and HIV prevention and treatment for transgender individuals – Danielle Castro, Project Director, Center of Excellence for Transgender Health
- LGBTQ cultural competency requirements for providers – Alison Gill, Senior Partner, The Parallax Group
- Legal protections for transgender individuals, Section 1557, and the Affordable Care Act – Omar Gonzales-Pagan, Staff Attorney, Lambda Legal
- Insurance practices impacting access to care for transgender individuals – Anand Kalra, Health Program Manager, Transgender Law Center
- Physicians: maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
- Nurses: 1.5 contact hours
For more information, please contact: Ryan Meyer – firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.507.4735.